SEAT UK is encouraging the uptake of latest generation, lower-emission new cars, in tandem with the removal of older, Euro 1-4 emissions standards vehicles, by launching a scrappage scheme. Motoring journalist, Tim Barnes-Clay, reports.
Owners of any diesel vehicle that complies with pre-Euro 5 emissions legislation qualify for the SEAT scrappage incentive. You can trade-in your vehicle to benefit from incentives – ranging from £1,500 to £3,500 – against several new SEAT models if the car is ordered by 31 December 2017. The trade-in motor needs to have been owned by you for at least six months.
Euro Emissions Standards & Offers
All new SEAT petrol and diesel cars meet the latest Euro 6 emissions standards, currently the most stringent yet. Check out the summary of offers on Euro 6 petrol & diesel models below:
|Model Purchased||Scrappage Amount (inc. VAT)|
The ‘Euro 1‘ standard was introduced in 1992 to help reduce vehicle emissions. Progressively more stringent Euro standards have been implemented since then, helping to lower emissions still further. ‘Euro 6‘, the standard that all new petrol and diesel cars must meet, is currently the toughest yet.
To discover whether a diesel vehicle will qualify for the SEAT scrappage incentive offer, you can visit the Vehicle Certification Agency website or ask us at Perrys Aylesbury SEAT.
Full Offer Details
- Incentive applies only to any diesel vehicle (any make/model) that meets Euro 1-4 legislation, registered before 1 January 2010
- Traded-in vehicle needs to have been registered in the owner’s name for at least six months
- Trade-in vehicle must be scrapped
- Applies to orders between 1 September and 31 December 2017, to be registered by 31 March 2018
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other, existing offers across the SEAT range.