Free domestic charging point for every Renault Zoe

The French multinational vehicle manufacturer will provide the free Single Wall-box to new customers of, as well as those who have already pre-ordered, the 100 per cent electric Renault Zoe, which launches on 7 June 2013.

The wall-box will be supplied and installed by Renault’s preferred electric vehicle charging partner, British Gas, who will install the 7kW charging point and have it fully operational ready for owners well in advance of charging their eagerly anticipated pure electric Zoe at home for the first time.

The offer given by Renault makes the most of the recently announced 75 per cent support on domestic Wall-box installations, which forms part of the government’s £37 million grant funding to increase the take up of electric vehicles. Renault, itself, will contribute the remaining 25 per cent.

The ground-breaking offer from Renault will save a customer up to £500, on average, and ensure that the sleek and stylish, eco-friendly Zoe even more affordable and easy to run.

Renault Zoe customers can already save up to £5,000 on the price of their electric car, thanks to the government’s Plug-In Grant.

With this grant available, the on-the-road price of the Zoe is brought down from between £13,650 and £14,750, depending on the trim level, to the price of an equivalent diesel supermini.

Andy Heiron, Head of Electric Vehicle Programme, Renault UK, commented: ‘We’ve been delighted with the level of interest the British public have already shown in Zoe, recognising the major steps forward it makes in electric vehicle technology.’

Heiron continued: ‘Adding a free Wall-box to its chic styling and tempting pricing now makes it an even more irresistible proposition.’

Also commenting on the latest initiative was Andreas Atkins, head of electric vehicle services at British Gas, who remarked: ‘We are delighted to provide Zoe customers with safer, faster, convenient home charging, giving them access to public charge points across the country.’

He further added: ‘In addition, the data enabled unit will give customers the ability to view their energy usage and carbon savings – this is a great step forward in making owning and running an EV more affordable.’

Those interested in the Renault Zoe can enquire about pricing and further specification details by visiting a Perrys Renault Dealership in Aylesbury.